We care about your health and safety! We’re committed to preventing the spread of infection through our community by following recommended guidelines for our county as issued by the Health Department.
What we’re doing to keep you safe from COVID-19 and other illnesses:
- Pre-Screening and evaluation at arrival: When you come to your appointment, we’ll ask if you’ve had any known exposures to COVID-19, symptoms, or travel outside the area, and check your temperature. If you have any symptoms, even mild, we will reschedule your session for a later date, and no cancellation fees will be charged.
- Limited number of clients and extra time between sessions for cleaning and disinfecting. No more than four people (two therapists and two clients) will be allowed in the office at one time. Clients may be brought directly into the treatment rooms instead of sitting in the waiting area. When possible, we may adjust your appointment time by a few minutes in order to stagger arrival times.
- Hand Hygiene. As always, we wash our hands and arms thoroughly up to the elbows with warm water and soap before and after contact with clients. Hand hygiene has always been a very important part of our practice, and even more so now. We’ll continue this, and use disposable paper products for drying, instead of reusable towels.
- Enhanced sanitation and disinfection protocols. We thoroughly clean all surfaces in each room following every client who comes in our office. Face rests, tables, lotion and oil bottles, drawer and cabinet pulls, doors, light switches and any areas we may contact during your session will be completely and properly cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Face masks. Your therapist will use a face mask during your massage as a recommended safety precaution.
- Foot Soaks. One of our favorite things we offer at Mountain Elite Massage is our signature foot soak and meditation time. Even though we have always thoroughly disinfected the foot soaks between clients, at this time we feel it’s important to take every precaution possible to reduce exposure and will not be doing the foot soaks at this time. We will resume as soon as we feel it is safe to do so and with health department clearance.
- Linens and Laundering: Linens and towels are laundered with a sanitizing cycle in addition to the regular washing cycle.
- Therapist Precautions: Daily temperature checks and health evaluation will be part of our arrival practices. If your therapist is experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, we will contact you to reschedule as soon as possible. If COVID-19 testing is indicated and performed, we will notify all clients we may have been in contact with in the event of a positive result. Therapists will continue to practice safe social distancing guidelines outside of the office as much as possible in order to reduce exposure risks.
What we ask from our clients:
- Masks: Wasatch County Health Department and the CDC have recommended face masks be worn any time personal distancing of 6 feet or more is not possible. We understand that mask wearing can be problematic for some clients; we ask that those clients be especially mindful of any potential exposures and monitor themselves and those around them closely for any symptoms. Masks are optional for clients during massage treatments.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available at the door. We ask that you use as you enter and following your massage.
- Health Intake Forms: Intake Forms are available on our website to download and return either by emailing or using the Upload link. Please use this if possible to avoid the need to handle paperwork.
- Arrival Times: Please do not arrive early for your appointment. This ensures we can plan adequate time for proper disinfection procedures and allows us to limit the number of people in the office at one time. We prefer you to wait outside the door for your therapist to welcome you in, to allow for social distancing.